Wednesday, June 20, 2012


Been busy on the computer this morning.  I finally did my daughter's 2011 taxes.  Glad that's done.  Now, I can do mine!  Eeek!  Yuck!
This afternoon was another therapy session for the lymphedema.  I am just so thrilled to have this condition.  Yes, I am still talking about it.  It will never go away.  Neither will most of all my health issues.  They are here to stay.  I am trying to adjust, but it is taking a lot of time.  I am still learning about it all.  



I have lost another 1.4" from each leg.  That makes a total of about 14.5" each leg.  Up to the knee.  Oh, it's exciting, but not THAT exciting.  It only stays off if I continue wearing the solaris garments.  Forever.  Plus my new shoes aren't exactly what they wanted me to get, but at least I have some that fit.  


The therapist reminded me today that I need to do the clearing of the glands about 2-3 times daily.  This usually takes about 15 minutes.  Getting the leggings on takes about 15 minutes when I am by myself.  Just 5 if someone else is doing it.  Plus, the massage is going to be 3x weekly. This takes about 1.5 hours each time.  To go forever!  


The solaris leggings are not your everyday Tedd hose or the 20/30 compression stocking you find at the local medical supply.  NO.  They are COMPRESSION ARMOR!  Plus the fact that my legs swell anyway once the garments are on.  You know, pressure from the garments fighting pressure from my body.    I am not happy with this at all.  Don't think I ever will be.  I am trying to get used to it.  Not an easy task.

And the therapist also reminded me I am supposed to wear a light compression stocking to bed every night.  Now, how is that supposed to be sexy?  Forget comfort!  I just haven't been able to comply with that part yet.  I think my legs really need to breathe some time or another.  Maybe I will try it later.  Much later.  Maybe. 



Well, now it's time for me to stop venting and get ready for church.  See ya later, if you dare come back!  

No comments: