Thursday, April 23, 2009

About me

The following is a list of diagnosis and why I am on disability. I debated for 6 months whether or not to file. I finally decided that if God wants me to have it, I will be approved. If He doesn't want me to be on disability, it would be denied. However, if I didn't apply, I couldn't have a chance to be approved.

After 4 months I was approved. No denial. No doctor visit. Pay was made retroactive. I should receive my first monthly check next week.

I am excited this has happened and a little sad too. I will keep doing whatever I can physically. I have had to give up a lot already and don't want to give up any more!

I can't bend without pain, can't go outside without coverup, must wear a headcovering (I am mostly bald), I must sit to hold my grandkids. I can't stand or walk more than 20 minutes without pain. After sitting a while my feet and ankles swell till they hurt.
I am anxiously awaiting State Fair time. Mom and I will rent hoverounds and go to the fair! We had a blast last year. For 5 hours!

Alopecia, Lupus, Asthma, Restrictive Lung disease, Rosacea, Rhumatoid Arthritis, Osteo Arthritis, Sleep Apnea, Runner's Knee, Reynaulds, High BP, Chronic Sinusitis, GERD, Degernerative Disk, Bulging Disks, Torn Disk, bone spurs on spine and feet. Oh, a benign tumor in my right lung.

I take about 8 pills in the am, 5 at nite, infusion once a month, and a few meds in between as needed. I have had a Port put in to make the infusions and blood tests easier as I have very small veins.

I got a new "cranial prosthesis" with my disability money. The wig takes a little getting used to for me, but I like it.

1 comment:

Vidhya said...

wow.. I am very glad that after having so much pain in your body, you are still active and you are making so many wonderful jewels... I follow u in FB:) You are my inspiration from now on:))))