Sunday, May 27, 2012

I'm a bit achy tonight. Well, a more than a bit.  Mostly from the daily swelling. My fingers are really stiff, especially on my right hand.  The fingernail on my left index finger (the one I banged with the chasing hammer) is probably going to come off.

This has been a difficult week.  I've been emotional about my legs and weight.  I was going to try to diet....again. But the 2nd day I called it quits.  Mostly because I was angry with my household. They were sneaking donuts I had bought for my grandsons. My DH and DD were supposed to be dieting with me. I decided if they weren't going to try or care, then neither would I.

I know, don't give up. I will try, but I am not going to deprive myself either.

Today, my daughter and I had a clash of who is in the shower first.  I let her, but I think next week it will have to be me.  We both ended up being late.  It is just a timing issue that needs worked out.  But because we were running late, I didn't wear the leg tubing or my tennis shoes.  Not a good thing.  At least I was reminded of why I am going to have therapy and wear "body armor" on my legs. I sure hope and pray this works.  That it is worth it all.  I am still not convinced.

I begin therapy on Tuesday this week.  I have 8 sessions. Plus we will order the leggings. Oh how I  hope this works.  It is supposed to retrain my lymphatic system to work again and properly.  Lymphedema has no cure, but is treatable.  I have seen photos and people whose legs are ginormous!  I don't want that for me.  That is probably why this week has been so hard.  I don't want saggy baggy elephant legs, but the "body armor" looks like torture.  I don't know which is worse!  I keep asking God to help me with my attitude.  Not sure how He's gonna answer that one. Do you?

I will likely have to buy new pants and shoes.  Again.  If I had a sewing machine, I may just make my own pants.  I used to sew very well. I could get the color and fabric I want that way.

On a different note, the Bluebird Pendant is finished. Now to photo it and post it on the web.  Here is a picture.  Not a great one, but you can see it okay.

No comments: