Friday, February 13, 2009

Friday the 13th

Today is the day before Valentine's, Friday the 13th. I have had a very busy 2 weeks. Last week a new grandson! Yipee! and what a cutie he is!
This week we spent Monday and Tuesday in a cabin at Keystone Lake in Oklahoma. It was beautiful out! What a wonderful time away. On the way home we encountered a major storm. Tornados were a comin'. We pushed the speed limit a bit to make it home. We did make it before the tornado crossed the path we had just taken.
God sure is merciful!
Wednesday I spent the day in the hospital with my mom. She had a heart cath done. All was well and again we praise God. Boy was I tired. But I did manage to go to church that nite.
Thursday I spent the day in another hospital. This time for me. I had an IV port put in. They decided to put me to sleep because of my breathing issues. That was fine by me. It did take longer in recovery tho. Then they tell me I can't go to the pool or take a tub bath for 3 (THREE) weeks. Not only that, I can't even shower for 72 hours!!! What's a girl to do?
Today, I had to have Mike help me shampoo my hair in the kitchen sink. I think he enjoyed using the sprayer a bit too much! Later he gets to help me "sponge bathe" to get all the betadine off.
Well, it is now Friday and I have a LOT of work to catch up on. In the mean time 2 packages of beads came in. I want to play, but must work. Tomorrow I will finish what I can't get done today.
Praise God anyway!

No comments: